Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Delays

It's always interesting how the holidays seem to put everything on hold even when you don't mean to do it.  I don't have any family here in Utah but with my friends keeping me busy on top of all the phone calls I need to make on those important days I'm far from free.  Despite that I'm going to try and keep up with things. Try...that's the keyword there. 

In my last post I mentioned a workshop that I was co facilitating.  That turned out to be a lot of fun and it did get my creative juices flow for a bit.  I managed to write a section of conversation between Galen and the angel.  It's not the next part in the story but who says that anything has to be linear?  I'm just happy to add more to my book.  I always seem to get more inspiration from group sessions with fellow writers than anything else.  Music is the next best thing when I've got writers block.  Talking through things though is always the best.  Hence the reason why I'm always grateful to anyone who's willing to listen to me babble even when/especially when I'm not making any sense.  Thank you very patient people :)

I also entered my Zombie School short story into another contest.  Keep your fingers crossed!!  I should hear something from the first contest next month if I won anything.  No matter what it's good practice and I'm trying to keep myself moving forward by writing short stories set in the universes I've established.  I can't do it for every story I've written, but Harbinger and this one manuscript I wrote set on a space station in a kind of Alice in Wonderland world have broad enough settings and worlds that I can write multiple stories from different and new characters.  I'm not much of a short story writer so it won't be so hard to try and stick to already established places....I hope.

Christmas is around the corner and that holiday is even more hectic than Thanksgiving.  It's also my second favorite holiday.  This having been said I might not be posting as much next month though I am going to try.  I haven't touched my book at all either and I really need to get moving. 

Here's a thought....what's Christmas like in a post apocalyptic western world?  Does Christmas exist?  What about the other holidays? 

What about your worlds?

No comments:

Post a Comment