Friday, April 13, 2012

Old Crushes

So I'm able to actually sit down for a while and post.  Yesterday's post was extremely rushed and while I'm happy with the topic it wasn't what I originally was going to post about.  That's okay, today makes up for it.  L day bring about an old crush of mine.  Dr. Leonard McCoy of Star Trek fame, that's right good ol' Bones himself.



I know by the tone of my posts that it seems I'm way obsessed with comic books, or the Batman universe anyway, one of my original science fiction loves is Star Trek.  I remember watching it with my Dad though at the time I was only half paying attention.  I grew up during the TNG era but will never forget the original series.  I have a favorite character for each of the series but Leonard McCoy is my favorite of TOS.




In my opinion he had the best lines and he was the emotional anchor of the show.  He was Star Trek's southern gentleman and his entry into Starfleet had a hint of tragedy to it.  With the newest movie we got a new McCoy and I loved Karl Urban's portrayal.  It doesn't hurt that he's a Star Trek fan and wanted to do the best possible job.  He was going to be the topic of yesterday's post but there wasn't enough time for me to gush :)



I was disappointed with a statement of J J Abrahm's where he felt that Star Trek was all about the relationship between Kirk and Spock.  While those two did have a strong relationship, and I agree it should have been built up, to me Star Trek TOS was all about the trio.  The interaction between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy was the most fun to watch and each character had a special relationship with the others.  I especially love watching Spock and McCoy verbally spar and hope they highlight the trio relationship in the upcoming movie. 





I could go on and on and on but work beckons.  See you guys tomorrow!!

Oh and I definitely want to write a later post about my other obsession, Karl Urban...and technically it does have to be about my book so it works :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Am a spock girl myself but also a huge fan of the dynamic between the three of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spock is definitely my second favorite! Who needs Kirk when you have guys like Spock and McCoy? Thank for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about Star Trek being more about the relationship between the trio, in fact at times, the sparring between Spock and McCoy was the best! I admit my crush was Spock, though. :)

    http://skaypisms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete